How will Guitars for Trade help me find the guitar of my dreams?
- Look through the guitars on this site. If your dream instrument is here, use your old guitar(s) to trade for it. Think of your old guitar as currency: it’s worth something! Use it as money toward a better instrument.
- If the guitar of your dreams is not on the site, let us help you find it. You tell us what you’re looking for and we’ll use all our resources to help find one. If we succeed, you can use your old guitar as currency and trade into the one you really want.
How do I see the details of the instruments?
You must sign-up to become a member. Membership is free. Your information will not be shared, sold, exposed or loaned to anyone outside guitarsfortrade.com – for any reason. Click here to register.
What is the process of trading for a guitar?
- If you see a guitar you like, offer to trade for it by clicking the “Email Your Trade” button found in each listing. When you fill out the email, please tell us about the guitar(s) you have to trade and attach pictures. We will respond to answer questions and work out the details of the trade. If you are happy with the terms, we’ll help close the deal and make the shipping arrangements.
- If you don’t find the guitar you’re looking for, ask us to help you find it and we will contact you by email as soon as we find one, or one becomes available.
- We will help you determine the value of your instrument or gear. We will fully explain how we arrive at a value and it is entirely up to you to decide if you feel the value is fair.
What if the guitar I’m offering is worth less than the guitar I want?
How do you determine values for the instruments?
How do I determine the condition of an instrument?
How can I figure out the date of my instrument?
We can help you determine the age of your instrument. If the information cannot be easily determined and your instrument may have significant value, we can arrange for shipping to us for a thorough review of originality, date and condition. For valuable instruments that are available for trade, there is no cost for this service.
Depending on the circumstances, there may be a cost for shipping and insurance.